Friday, September 19, 2008

Loving Fall

I really love fall. I am lying around the house these days as I am still having trouble since my accident. But, the smell of fall is in the air. Football games are going strong. The dogs are loving the coolness of the backyard. I added an extra blanket last night. . . Fall is here. I can't wait to decorate my new house with an outdoor fall scene. My friends, Eugenia and Kenneth, are going to help make that happen since I can't lift. I already have the Scarecrow, now I need the bale of hay and the pumpkin. I can't wait. I love watching the seasons change, seeing God's provision through each one. Feeling the cool crisp air as I leave for the hospital in the morning. Warm hot cider, long hot baths, crazy quilts. Are we thinking FALL yet? As I write this, Shelton and Molly are outside. There is a cool breeze and I can watch Shelton's ears flop in the wind. Too cute. I recently won a prize in a contest on someone's blog. I am so excited and you can see why- It is a SELAH CD gift pack. I love their music and recently lost some of their CDs. The neat thing about it all? I've been so stressed lately because of the car accident and my injuries. I logged in on a particularly stressful day and found out I had won. :o) God always meets us where we are at and takes us closer to him.

I am so so so excited!! In honor of fall, I decided to do a little blog candy. This is a first for me.

Tell me why you enjoy fall. I'll randonmly pick two winners. Leave me your email address in your post so we can exchange addresses. You have until September 30. Spread the word and see how many posts we can get!

8 comments:

Jacy said...

I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sweet and encouraging comment you left. It was exactly what I needed to hear and I will definitely take that with me everywhere I go! I am so so so sorry to hear about your accident may God continue to heal you and keep you strong in faith as the days continue...you sound like you are so strong in him! Praying for you!
Loved reading this post btw fall is most definitely a favorite of mine!
the smell of pumpkin spice, the colorful, crunchy leaves, cool weather and wrap around scarves..pumpkins...the list could go forever :)
Love the candy too my email is jacy_25@hotmail.com
love to you friend

Praise and Coffee said...

Fall is my favorite time of the year. I love caramel apples, cinnamon smells and the cool crisp air it brings!

Anonymous said...

I love Fall clothes. I'm one of those who looks better the more covered I am! :-)

Jennifer said...

thanks for checking out my blog :) i'm gonna post a link to this post on my blog if that's ok. well, i love fall, i love the change of leaves, the crisp air, the pumkins, and most of all i love it because it reminds me of my wedding which was held in october. a very happy memory for me. i chose my wedding to in the fall because i love it so much.

Christi said...

I love the cool air, watching the leaves fall. Making pumpkin bread and pies with my children from scratch. Warm soup with crusty bread. I could go on :)
thezepps7@embarqmail .com

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Oh how I agre with you on fall! :) There is something about crisp jeans, soft sweaters, fresh air, and those amazing colors that makes me just about giddy. :)
Last night my Dave made chili and corn bread and we were both so excited about it. Yeah, we get excited about food - especially if it is a seasonal meal that we haven't made in a while. :)

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Fall is my favorite season as well, but in Florida we don't see many of the changes you do. We usually take a trip up north to see the leaves and take in some cool, crisp air...but this year will be different in a good way b/c we have Baby D! I am a coffee addict and LOVE it when the pumpkin spice creamers hit the stores in the fall!

creative gal said...

And, the Winners are. . .

Noah and Ryders Mommy

and


Wendi@ Everyday Miracles!!


A girl's gotta have. . .

A girl's gotta have. . .
A sanctuary.

Scripture I'm workin' on learning. . .

Isaiah 55:8 (New International Version)8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished. Luke 1:45 NIV

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Malachi 4:6a "I the LORD do not change."

"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7

"Humble yourself before the Lord, and he will lift you up." James 4:10

"Cast your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

Psalm 56:3-4
3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?


Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 145:3
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.


Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Ephesians 5:20 "always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 5:29-30 "After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. "



Where in the World. . . Have I Been?