WOW! WOW! WOW! That is all I can say about the time I spent with my sister and family in my recent visit to San Antonio to hear Beth Moore speak, visit, and enjoy the Riverwalk. However, I came home and was sick for a week! Thankfully, I am finally feeling better. :o) I thought I would write a few updates on my life since, well, ya know, it's really been several months since a "real" post. I've done a good job with reading other blogs, but haven't been consistent with adding to mine.
Let's see. In December of 2007 I fell and broke my right ankle. For those that do not remember, I had my left foot in a cast due to having surgery. Ok, not good luck, but ya deal with it and move on. During this time, the guy I was dating said he couldn't handle the situation, (hello, I had two broken feet those heal!! :o), and ended our relationship. Well, again, ya deal with it and move on!
As a Christian, I know that God is faithful and he truly has a plan for my life. I jumped back into work the Monday after this happened and continued to progress from a wheelchair to a walker, and then to a cane. I am still healing, but see much improvement every day! So many other blessings happened during this time. I was blessed with being able to purchase a new home. God was in that as well as the house literally fell in my lap as did the sale of my townhouse. Isn't our God amazing?!?!?!
This fall is looking amazing as well. I am completing the bible study Captivating with our group of ladies, we will begin Slightly Bad Girls of the Bible in a few weeks, with Beth Moore's ESTHER study in January!! Whew! God is faithful. I also embarked upon a new project- memorizing Philippians 3 with a friend, Rachel, and a group of ladies called Established Footsteps. Of course, we have ECU FOOTBALL and a few short weekend trips planned. I've been scrapbooking, working out, and spending time with Shelton and Molly.
So, in the next few days, I hope to finally post pictures from the summer and of some of my latest cards, scrapbookin' pages.
Thanks for checking out my blog! Write soon!
Monday, September 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A girl's gotta have. . .
A sanctuary.
Scripture I'm workin' on learning. . .
Isaiah 55:8 (New International Version)8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.
Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished. Luke 1:45 NIV
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24
Malachi 4:6a "I the LORD do not change."
"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7
1 Peter 5:7
Psalm 56:3-4
3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?
Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 145:3
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."
Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished. Luke 1:45 NIV
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24
Malachi 4:6a "I the LORD do not change."
"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7
"Humble yourself before the Lord, and he will lift you up." James 4:10
"Cast your anxiety on him because he cares for you."1 Peter 5:7
Psalm 56:3-4
3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?
Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 145:3
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."
Ephesians 5:20 "always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Ephesians 5:29-30 "After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. "























No comments:
Post a Comment