Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Shelton/Prayer.

Shelton had his recheck for his thyroid levels today. . . For the past week, Shelton has had to potty every 2-3 hours, drinking large amounts of water, had another seizure, and still having accidents. I spoke with the vet last week and he had a few suggestions, but nothing has helped.

My first thought over the past few weeks, Shelton has really gained weight. Actually, Shelton weighs the same as he always has, but the first comment from the vet was that he noticed his "belly" looked bigger. It really does.

So, the new thought is that he has Cushing's Disease (another disease common in beagles! :o) This can also cause seizures, incontinence etc. All the symptoms he has been experiencing. We will know more on Friday when some of his blood work comes back. The vet was cautious to not tell me a lot of information (in case it isn't that), but he answered my questions honestly. I understand how it works in people, just not dogs! Bottom line: It is very similar to the disease in people. It is not always easily treated in dogs, and it will shorten his lifespan.

Please keep praying for my parents as I am concerned about them. Yet, I know my God is faithful and I feel a lot better after some one on one time with him this evening. I know that I am truly blessed!

I still do not have an answer to my previous post. . .Let, again, I know God has a plan!!

I know he is in control and there will be "beauty from these ashes!" That is one of my favorite scriptures and I posted part of it below, Isaiah 61:3-4

3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.

4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins
and restore the places long devastated;
they will renew the ruined cities
that have been devastated for generations.

Hope you are well! Shelton and Molly say "HOWL!"

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Joinging with you in praying!
Blessings - Lisa

Seriously. said...

Poor doggy!


A girl's gotta have. . .

A girl's gotta have. . .
A sanctuary.

Scripture I'm workin' on learning. . .

Isaiah 55:8 (New International Version)8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished. Luke 1:45 NIV

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Malachi 4:6a "I the LORD do not change."

"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7

"Humble yourself before the Lord, and he will lift you up." James 4:10

"Cast your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

Psalm 56:3-4
3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?


Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 145:3
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.


Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Ephesians 5:20 "always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 5:29-30 "After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. "



Where in the World. . . Have I Been?