Friday, March 20, 2009

Prayer Request Update

I am in California this week for a conference and am finally taking the time to update my blog. WHEW! :0) I apologize that I have been slack about that the past few weeks.

Many of you have asked about my parents, sent them (or myself) notes of encouragement over the past few months. THANK YOU for that support.

I know I have not shared many details and honestly, it is too much to post at this point. However, I would like to please ask that you continue to pray for them. My dad is going to be facing surgery in the near future and his health issues put him at higher risk of having complications. Yet, I know that God is totally faithful. I was reading the other day and reflecting on my latest scripture to memorize. I am in a group that chooses 2 scriptures a month to memorize. Choosing a scripture can sometimes be difficult for me. Typically, it is a scripture God has place in my life or one that "pops" out at me that I end of choosing. Many of you know that Psalm 126 has become my "claim verse" for the situation my parents are enduring. And, I truly trust God's word on that. Malachi 3:6 is also becoming a quick favorite. My verse for this time has been: Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." John 13:7

PRAISE GOD for blessing me!! I will choose to praise him in all situations!

3 comments:

Carolina Mama said...

Thanks for sharing. We'll be praying. If you are comfortable posting it, feel free to add it to Pray It Friday and we'll all join in. God Bless!

Lisa said...

It's so good to see you back! I'm heading to California today too. :-) I will continue to lift up you and your family in prayer. I Prasie God for what He has already done and believe Him to prove Himself faithful in every way.
Blessings - Lisa

Rachel said...

love that John 13:6 verse! It definitely applies to all going on in the world right now!

Take care and find a quiet place to be with Him - you know He'll carry these burdens.


A girl's gotta have. . .

A girl's gotta have. . .
A sanctuary.

Scripture I'm workin' on learning. . .

Isaiah 55:8 (New International Version)8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished. Luke 1:45 NIV

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Malachi 4:6a "I the LORD do not change."

"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7

"Humble yourself before the Lord, and he will lift you up." James 4:10

"Cast your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

Psalm 56:3-4
3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?


Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 145:3
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.


Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Ephesians 5:20 "always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 5:29-30 "After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. "



Where in the World. . . Have I Been?