Friday, April 24, 2009

How similar to Thomas am I?

I've been thinking a lot about Thomas during this Easter Season. How often am I like Thomas? How often do I fail to see God's hands are truly at work in a situation even when I can't see "things" happening? How often do I demand to see the scars, touch the places where the nails pierced his hands? How often when he says TRUST ME, do I jump to do things without letting go? I think many of us are like Thomas- we need that visualization. We need to have something tangible to touch. When, really, what we need to do is trust him.

Two situations immediately come to my mind where I am not always waiting on God but wanting to jump in. God has recently instructed me very clearly when I pray that He will bring this out in the open. He will do this. I have been on my knees in the office, on my knees at home and praying in the car. . . The same answer comes from Him. In another situation, God asked me, "Will you trust me, no matter the outcome?" Pretty bold question. I often wonder how different our lives would be if we totally 110% trusted him? Each day in my life, I really am striving to see God's daily provision. As one of my friends told me a few days ago- God is in all the small mundane details of our daily lives. And, my friends, He is in all the little things of our lives, all the little details we think may not matter, he is still looking after us.

God is so faithful. My scripture for today is Psalm 61:2-3 Lead me to the rock that is higher than I: for you are my refuge.

God longs to have a relationship with us. He desires fellowship with me, a lowly human being. Someone who is truly "just human." He still, despite my many flaws, my many times of doubt, my fears, loves me greatly. Thank you, Jesus, for continuing to amaze me!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is wait..., especially when you want something so badly. It's during these times that our faith can take root and grow, even flourish. I waited, prayed, begged God for 13 years for a child. I always knew in my heart the answer was wait. When I finally laid down my will, and trusted His even if the answer was no, things began to change; especially in my heart. The wrestling was over and the peace filled every nook and cranny. Shortly the Lord said, now! Whatever it is, place it in His hands and truly trust Him with the results! You will never be the same.
Blessings - Lisa


A girl's gotta have. . .

A girl's gotta have. . .
A sanctuary.

Scripture I'm workin' on learning. . .

Isaiah 55:8 (New International Version)8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished. Luke 1:45 NIV

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Malachi 4:6a "I the LORD do not change."

"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7

"Humble yourself before the Lord, and he will lift you up." James 4:10

"Cast your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

Psalm 56:3-4
3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?


Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 145:3
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.


Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Ephesians 5:20 "always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 5:29-30 "After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. "



Where in the World. . . Have I Been?