At, at this point in my life, my family has required more of my attention for various reasons. Even in those situations, I can say I’ve been blessed to see my faith grow. God has truly blessed me over the past few years. It is hard to believe that my last mission trip was over four years ago to Nigeria. I came back and time was spent completing the Family Nurse practitioner program at East Carolina University as well as learning many life lessons. Although, the past few years God has allowed me to serve him in the USA. I have always felt God would send me back to short-term mission work using the skills he has blessed me with. His timing is always perfect! Over a year ago, someone shared with me the song Two Weeks from Africa, performed by Caedman’s Call. I love the line, “He (Jesus) doesn’t need us, but he lets us put our hands in so we can see His love is bigger than you and me.”
Carrie, Diana, and I will be leaving on September 30 and returning on October 5 for a short-term medical mission trip to Belize. Although this will be a short trip, but we feel that is the time frame God has laid out. We will be providing care to pediatric patients at a local medical clinic. Body and Soul is a clinic which relies on providers to for ongoing care to the local citizens.
It is a very basic medical facility; however, it has serves the local community through monthly teams arriving to the area. We will be staying with Julie and Eric Maas, missionaries that serve in Belize as directors of the Belize Baptist Training Center. Julie and I worked in the Newborn Nursery together. They are an amazing Christian couple and I know we will all be blessed to work with them.
I humbly ask that you consider supporting our group. First and foremost, we ask for prayer. It is our hope to share the love of Christ by being his hands and feet. Please pray for the final documents to be accepted by the government, for God’s will to be done on this journey, and pray that we will be able to help not only physical ailments but spiritual ailments as well. It will cost around $1,000 per person for the trip. This also includes the cost of bringing medical supplies, paying locals to translate, and travel. We also ask that you prayerfully consider supporting our group financially. We know that God will provide the $3,000 as well as any additional funding necessary to complete this work. Our God is able “to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.” Ephesians 3:20b
Thank you in advance for your support and prayers. I firmly believe God is going to allow us to be a part of many great things through this journey. And, I praise God for allowing me the opportunity to “put my hands in” his work!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A girl's gotta have. . .
A sanctuary.
Scripture I'm workin' on learning. . .
Isaiah 55:8 (New International Version)8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.
Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished. Luke 1:45 NIV
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24
Malachi 4:6a "I the LORD do not change."
"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7
1 Peter 5:7
Psalm 56:3-4
3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?
Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 145:3
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."
Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished. Luke 1:45 NIV
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24
Malachi 4:6a "I the LORD do not change."
"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7
"Humble yourself before the Lord, and he will lift you up." James 4:10
"Cast your anxiety on him because he cares for you."1 Peter 5:7
Psalm 56:3-4
3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?
Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 145:3
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."
Ephesians 5:20 "always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Ephesians 5:29-30 "After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. "























1 comment:
You have a lot going on. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray your trip will be a great one. Many Blessings,
Post a Comment