Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day 3 of 60

Whew! What a crazy Saturday I ended up having, but a good one! I had been up doing a few chores around the house, when the phone rang. . . I was walking out the door to go to the gym. . .The call? The friend of a friend was in need of a photographer for their wedding as their photographer had the FLU. Now, I like taking pictures, but a professional photographer, I am not. By God's grace and the blessing of a good camera, the pictures look good. I've got some serious editing ahead (I shot almost 900 pictures!, but it was fun. They are a great couple! I think it was kind of cool that God orchestrated that event on a day when I needed to keep busy, and they needed some photos. I had fun!

Later, I met some friends for dinner. . .Now, I guess I failed again to not spend any money, but I needed to see these friends. . . we had not talked or visited in a while, so it was nice! I did; however, bring home leftovers for a second meal, so that was nice. I plan on counting this as one of my free times to eat out on my rounding week.

However, in a pinch I needed batteries for my camera's flash. . .I knew I had some but wasn't able to put my hands on them. . . I refused to give up and found those batteries!

I have a prayer request for myself. . . I am having a terrible time with numbness/pain in my neck and arm/wrist/elbow. . . Yesterday really bothered it. It's a long story, but it has been ongoing for a while. I just don't like talking about my pain/problems. . . so, I haven't mentioned it. I ask that you pray for healing. I have another test on Monday.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Praying GOD will completely heal and restore your body.

Blessings, andrea

Jennifer said...

i will be praying for you. i hope it's nothing serious!

creative gal said...

THANK YOU!!

Anonymous said...

Praying for healing ...

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

How nice that you were able to give them some nice pictures for their wedding day. What a gift!

I will pray for healing for you. That is horrible to have pain!

Exie said...

Ivy, you were such a blessing to me and the bride and groom yesterday! Thank you so much! I hope shooting didn't aggravate this injury too much. I will be praying that you get some answers.

Thank you Thank you Thank you.

p.s. I'll be jogging this week if you want to join me. tonight at 7 for starters. Just an FYI. open invitation.


A girl's gotta have. . .

A girl's gotta have. . .
A sanctuary.

Scripture I'm workin' on learning. . .

Isaiah 55:8 (New International Version)8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished. Luke 1:45 NIV

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Malachi 4:6a "I the LORD do not change."

"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7

"Humble yourself before the Lord, and he will lift you up." James 4:10

"Cast your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

Psalm 56:3-4
3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?


Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 145:3
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.


Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Ephesians 5:20 "always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 5:29-30 "After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. "



Where in the World. . . Have I Been?