Sunday, October 11, 2009

Update

I can't believe I haven't blogged in over a month! Where has the time gone?!?!?

Here is a quick updated on my life. . .and I will post pictures after this!

While I'm Waiting. . . Patiently I will wait. . . I will move ahead bold and confident, Taking Every step in obedience. . .
While I'm waiting I will serve you. While I'm waiting I will worship. While I'm waiting I will not fail. I'll be running the race even while I wait.. . .


I have always felt that song described many areas of my life, but especially in the last few weeks. I am actually at home with the FLU. So, we are hopeful for a speedy recovery! I am going to do three updates in the email/post, so have decided to divide it into sections to make it a bit easier. Some may not care about the first section but have an interest in the second, or third. . . and vice versa.

Update on Belize:

Well, Man plans and God says, "Wait a minute!" As many of you know, we had to postpone our trip to Belize the day before we flew out. Many things have come into place since then that have clearly stated to us, we needed to wait. I love that I have a father protecting me daily. The hardest part of canceling Belize was walking back into my office after lunch on the day we canceled. . .and the last bit of money we needed was sitting on my desk. I prayed a lot that day and felt God was saying to wait. We desire to be good stewards of the money people gave for this journey and know that God has a plan for our time. It became evident to change my area of practice at the last minute was not going to be feasible. Anyway, after a lot of prayer, I am heading to Belize over Thanksgiving. This is a big deal as Thanksgiving is HUGE for my family. . . but, serving God must be higher on my list. . . I will go alone to take supplies and to serve in a nursing role at the camp site. My plan is do educational sessions within the community and to take many of our supplies. We will go together in April to serve in the clinic and schools. This will allow us to bring even more to the community. Please be in prayer as I begin to finalize my trip plans for November. If anyone would like a refund on money donated, please contact me via email.

Update on My Parents:
We are expecting to hear about two important decisions this week. . .I am honestly waiting and anticipating to hear GOOD NEWS!! I am ready to see some light. . and I know my God has been and will be faithful. Please pray for these decisions, pray for wisdom. I can't wait until I can openly share the details with everyone. . .You will be so amazed at how good God Has been through this journey.

Update on My Great Aunt:
There are many issues with this situation and I ask that you be in prayer about it with us. I believe that God has a plan and we are seeking him daily. She is doing better than anticipated but has a long road ahead. There are many family issues with her situation and we pray daily for wisdom. Please also be in prayer for our current situation on Tuesday.

No comments:


A girl's gotta have. . .

A girl's gotta have. . .
A sanctuary.

Scripture I'm workin' on learning. . .

Isaiah 55:8 (New International Version)8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished. Luke 1:45 NIV

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Malachi 4:6a "I the LORD do not change."

"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7

"Humble yourself before the Lord, and he will lift you up." James 4:10

"Cast your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

Psalm 56:3-4
3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?


Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 145:3
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.


Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Ephesians 5:20 "always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 5:29-30 "After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. "



Where in the World. . . Have I Been?