Saturday, November 7, 2009

I have been approved to practice in Belize. . . YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be leaving on Thanksgiving Day and Returning the following Monday. I will be helping a local nurse with the patients she sees, spending some time in a local orphanage, and being involved as a couple celebrates the renewal of their wedding vows.



Please pray for the following aspects of the trip:

1. Pray that I will be successful in going through Customs without any no issues. I will be in customs between 12-1pm (your time) on Thanksgiving Day. I am asking that everyone pray for me while having your Thanksgiving Lunch/Meal. If you don't eat at noon, please stop to pray at that time. Customs can easily decide that none of the medications/supplies are allowed in, can try to charge me large amounts of money for the items, or can just allow me to walk through with no issues. I am praying specifically that I am allowed to just walk through customs with every item that was donated, purchased, and packed!


2. Pray that I will have wisdom and knowledge as I work with patients, as I provide care.

3. Pray for my parents. They are still enduring a lot of issues and I am sure my being away will add some stress to their lives.

4. Pray for the encounters I will have. Pray that they will see Jesus and not me.

5. Pray for safe travels. Pray that I make connections as I have two very tight layovers.

6. Pray for God to show me needs and guide my path to those in need.

Thank you in advance for your prayers! God is faithful!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

yay! how exciting! i will keep you in my prayers!

Brook said...

Yeah! I am so glad to hear your good news and can't wait to hear how it goes. Praying for you, B.

Anonymous said...

That's so great! I hope you'll have a great time, and I'll be praying for you when you have to get past customs.

Jenna said...

Praying!

Michelle said...

Sounds like an exciting trip! Praying that everything goes smoothly!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Praying for you now, hoping your trip is wonderful and blessed!

Carolina Mama said...

Welcome home to El Tacodor! You're our new winner! Congratulations on several fronts! Just email me your mailing info and they will send you the kit! Have fun!


A girl's gotta have. . .

A girl's gotta have. . .
A sanctuary.

Scripture I'm workin' on learning. . .

Isaiah 55:8 (New International Version)8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished. Luke 1:45 NIV

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Malachi 4:6a "I the LORD do not change."

"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7

"Humble yourself before the Lord, and he will lift you up." James 4:10

"Cast your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

Psalm 56:3-4
3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?


Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 145:3
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.


Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Ephesians 5:20 "always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 5:29-30 "After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. "



Where in the World. . . Have I Been?