
I am participating in the 90Days to reading the bible challenge. So far, I am on target. Granted, I have been off the last 3 days of the challenge, so we will really see when I return to work about balancing the time.
I have read from the beginning to Joseph and Potiphar's Wife. Two parts have really spoken to me over the past few days. . .
One is when Sarah laughs at the thought of her having a child. Me, she thinks, ME?? As old as I am? Can't you picture that scene? Her listening at the entrance to the tent and overhearing from the LORD that she will have a child.
Genesis 18:11-15 (NIV)
11 Abraham and Sarah were already old and well advanced in years, and Sarah was past the age of childbearing. 12 So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, "After I am worn out and my master is old, will I now have this pleasure?"
13 Then the LORD said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?' 14 Is anything too hard for the LORD ? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son."
15 Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, "I did not laugh."
But he said, "Yes, you did laugh."
How often are we like Sarah and doubt the Lord? How often am I like Sarah? God clearly has told me something over the past year. I have been in prayer for two situations, he has clearly told me that he will handle those situations. Yet, Satan, loves to encourage us to doubt God's promises. He knows what buttons to push, what areas contain our weakness, our troubles and our fears.
His word clearly states "IS ANYTHING TOO HARD FOR THE LORD?" Is any illness too hard for him to heal? Is any financial situation too hard for him to solve? Is there any worry/concern/fear that he can't handle? My saying for 2009 has been MY GOD IS ABLE. . . and I think that will carry over to 2010. He is able. He is able to heal, he is able to meet all our needs, he is able to answer prayer, he is able to solve any quarrel, solve any heartbreak, fix any situation. HE IS ABLE!
How often do we fail to give God all the glory and credit? How often do we forget that God loves us enough to meet our needs? God has met several needs for me in the past few years, and for that, I am grateful. Yet, often I tend to forget his promise. Stress may come out and worry likes to sneak in. . . And, I will use those times to pray harder, and to sit still and listen to his word.























4 comments:
I am soooo very thankful HE IS ABLE and NOTHING is too difficult for HIM.
Thank you for your prayers!
Blessings, andrea
I love this! Thank you for sharing!!!
Can't wait to see how you like this!
I am so thankful He knows what I need. Thanks for stopping by.
Post a Comment