Several months ago, I wrote about some of this on my blog.
I almost reconsidered and put the flag back out. You see, I removed my flag because I am no longer proud to be American. I am not proud of a country that murders its babies and calls it a choice. I am not proud of a country that kicks The Ten Commandments out of the school system but expects me to tolerate any other religion. I am not proud of a country when leaders express their biblical beliefs and are chastised for being intolerant. I am not proud of a country that is founded on "justice for all," when that is not the case.
I am still very proud of all those who fight for our country and have total respect for them. And, may be my heart will be changed at some point in the future. . But, until then, I cannot show how proud I am to be an American, when I am not. I think God looks at our country and he cries out for us. . .
He cries for our unborn babies that we murder. He cries for the people dying everyday that do not know him, he cries out for our generation that is being lost to churches who focus solely on tradition verses the message. He cries out for the daughter who enters the church for the first time only to be looked down upon because she wears shorts and a t-shirt. He cries out for the church member who walks by the homeless man. He cries out for the person we speak an unkind word to in our haste to make it to church. He cries out because we fail to see the purpose- his mission. He cries out for the country founded on religion- that we don't allow true religion to be taught. He cries out every time we go to the polls and vote for someone who is the "better candidate" but who doesn't stand for Christian beliefs. He cries out when we present a watered down message to avoid offending.
He is crying out. . .and tonight, so is my heart.























2 comments:
AMEN!!
I have an urgent prayer request at arise 2 write.
andrea
I am not an American, but I agree with your post because it is the same here in Canada. I believe God weeps over the things you mentioned. We have strayed so far. God have mercy on our countries!!
Post a Comment