Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bible in 90 Days. . .Jonah


Day 66: Looking at Jonah. . .

I am always amazed when I reread Jonah. It makes me stop and think about myself. How often do I fail to listen to what God’s plan is and choose to take on my own plan? How many people do I fail to share- and show- Christ to everyday? Am I currently on my own cycle and not allowing God to use me in whatever manner He has chosen? Do you avoid going on that mission trip, heading to another country or to the local homeless shelter? Do you put your calendar of appointments and “being late” ahead of stopping to give the neighbor a hand? Do you avoid encouraging others to find God by not showing Jesus in your daily life? Are you willing to go to church on Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Wednesday, but failing to open His word- seeking his will- the other days of the week?

Jonah is a good example of not being in God’s will by his own personal choice. If we are not in God’s will, we certainly will not be able to accomplish all he has planned for our lives. I am not saying that the mission trip will not have participants, that the church Sunday school class won’t be taught, or the neighbor’s grass won’t be mowed. No, instead, I am telling you about how many blessings you will miss if you are not part of the plan. If this is by choice, you will fail to be blessed beyond your wildest dreams. Jonah paid lifelong consequences for his failure to follow God’s will and I believe the same thing can happen to us. Following God’s will is clearly where I would like to be, how about you?

No comments:


A girl's gotta have. . .

A girl's gotta have. . .
A sanctuary.

Scripture I'm workin' on learning. . .

Isaiah 55:8 (New International Version)8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished. Luke 1:45 NIV

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Malachi 4:6a "I the LORD do not change."

"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7

"Humble yourself before the Lord, and he will lift you up." James 4:10

"Cast your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

Psalm 56:3-4
3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?


Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 145:3
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.


Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Ephesians 5:20 "always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 5:29-30 "After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. "



Where in the World. . . Have I Been?