My thought was that I would be able to go through 2008 without another surgery. I had high hopes for this. . . Ok, my last surgery on the feet was December 27, 2007, so I know I was cutting it close! :o)
Anyway, some of you know about this, some of you do not. . . For the past month, I have been dealing with terrible nausea, and RUQ abdominal pain. I was having issues with my Crohn's, but somehow this just felt different . . . My Crohn's flare resolved, but the pain did not. Well, after an ultrasound and a HIDASCAN, it was determined that my gallbladder functions at 0%. Basically, it just doesn't work. Crohn's patients have a higher risk of gallbladder issues. I guess mine has finally decided to give up.:o)
I saw Dr. D late yesterday and the scheduling people called me this morning. We discussed which surgeon to do this at length. We both agreed on which surgeon would be a good choice. He typically does more colon surgeries, so he is also going to take a look at my intestines and see if there is any potential problem from the Crohn's. He is also going to look at my liver (there was a potential problem found on some of the tests to determine if my gallbladder was an issue).
So, in a matter of a few phone calls and trying to juggle my patient load, I will be having surgery on December 23. Although I am not looking forward to another crazy Christmas, this is for the best for several reasons. The surgeon that we really would like to do the surgery is only available on that day. He would not be available again until late January. I am also already scheduled to be off from- having the 24-28 off for Christmas. That means less stress on the office to move scheduled patients.
My plan is to have the surgery on the 23 and go home to my parent's house on December 24. We shall see how I feel, etc.
Please be in prayer for the surgeon, for the procedure, and for my health to be fully restored. God continues to bless me and I know he is walking with me through this time. :o)
God is faithful!!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A girl's gotta have. . .
A sanctuary.
Scripture I'm workin' on learning. . .
Isaiah 55:8 (New International Version)8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.
Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished. Luke 1:45 NIV
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24
Malachi 4:6a "I the LORD do not change."
"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7
1 Peter 5:7
Psalm 56:3-4
3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?
Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 145:3
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."
Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished. Luke 1:45 NIV
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24
Malachi 4:6a "I the LORD do not change."
"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7
"Humble yourself before the Lord, and he will lift you up." James 4:10
"Cast your anxiety on him because he cares for you."1 Peter 5:7
Psalm 56:3-4
3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?
Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 145:3
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."
Ephesians 5:20 "always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Ephesians 5:29-30 "After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. "























6 comments:
I'm so sorry about you having to have surgery but it really does sound like God orchestrated the timing for the best. I'm praying for you.
hey, hope your surgery goes well. I won't be around, but I'll keep you in my prayers!
I am so sorry to hear this...but I am praying for you and I know God will be with you every step of the way. Please keep us posted - I wish I lived closer so I could help you out in some way.
It's just for us at home. I saw the idea on another blog and thought it was cute.
Oh, I hope all goes well with your surgery. It's good you can go to your parent's house to recover and celebrate Christmas.
We're praying about your surgery! I had my non-functioning gallbladder removed about 2 years ago and the surgery was no trouble at all! Hope the same for you!
Post a Comment