Ok, so I guess I cut to the chase with the title of this post! :o) I found out on Wednesday that Shelton has Cushing's Disease. He was started on medication and hopeful that will help. Dr. M. at one of our last visits asked me if he could send us to the state veterinary hospital. I had not wanted to do that as it did not feel "right." He attended a conference recently and spoke with one of the medicine specialist. Basically, I was encouraged to agree to more extensive bloodwork, which diagnosed him with Cushing's Disease. He had been having more seizures, more UTIs, and looked as if he weighed 40lbs (he has not gained weight, he only weighs 28lbs.) so I had hoped to find "something" to fix him.
I posted a picture of Shelton and Dr. M. from a visit several months ago. He looks so small in that picture compared to now.
Please continue to pray for my parents. I know God is in this. Today, I had a very strange encounter with someone at the "core" of all of this. . . It was clearly God appointed and I pray I handled it correctly. I believe I did. GOD IS IN CONTROL of this situation. He is so faithful and I praise HIM for that!
God Bless!























3 comments:
Oh, I am so sorry to hear this! I really hope that the new medication will help. God is in control of this, AND the situation with your parents - hang in there, girl!
we were actually talking about that today. i think Silas would enjoy it. I'll let you know for sure and we'll set something up! Even though I work on 1 west....I really know nothing about any of the other parts of the women's center. Weird, I know.
Praying for Shelton and for your parents right now.
Blessings - Lisa
Post a Comment