Saturday, June 6, 2009

Frustrated


Ok, I am going to really vent tonight. . . So, I am at work today and someone casually mentions to me that they are going to change my 1/2 day. . . No one asked me, no one talked to me about it, they just assumed it would be ok. . .

Well, I am not happy. I am tired of people assuming that because I am single, my 1/2 day can just be moved to accommodate the office. Two other providers in the office have kids, they get to stay with their 1/2 day. One is a brand new provider and in order to make her happy, she was able to pick her day off.

2 others are guys and they aren't going to change their day. . Why is it because you are single, you are made to feel that your time is more "flexible" than others? Do people not "get" that I am responsible for helping my parents out, my 1/2 day is often spent teaching (to make extra money helping them as well as to keep up my instructor status), that I frequently have appointments or my elderly parents have appointments that can only be done on Wednesdays. That my dentist, my vet, my chiropractor do not work on Monday afternoons? That my dad currently has things going on that are always scheduled on Wednesdays. That my grams is going to be coming for a few long weekends (beginning on Wednesday afternoons and staying through Sunday to help out my parents?

And, for the record. . .WHO REALLY WANTS A 1/2 day on Monday afternoons?!?!?!?!?! I had Wed. afternoons off which gave me a much needed break in the week to help keep me on task. . .

I wrote down all the upcoming Wed. afternoons I already had something planned (teaching, appointments, etc.) and came up with almost all the Wed. from September through December. The entire month of October is already scheduled with appointments for my parents or myself. . . most of which can't be changed.

By moving,I loose my 1/2 day before Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks?!?!??!

By moving, I loose my half day the week of Memorial Day and Labor Day.

By moving, I am being told my life is not as valuable as women who are married and have kids. . .

By moving, I am being told my opinions, my life outside of work does not matter.

By moving, I am being told that someone else can come in at any point and I am expected to just give in. . .

My priorities in life are God, Family, Work. . . and moving does not seem to facilitate that at this point in my life. . .

I was told that by moving I could "use less vacation to have a 3 day weekend." Well, that is not entirely true. . . The last Monday I needed off I had to fight for weeks to be off. . . So, do you really think they are going to want to give me a 1/2 day of vacation on Monday mornings?

So, now that I've vented. . .Maybe it is time to think about really "moving!" :0) I love my job and I know I am blessed to have it. I love the people I work with. However, I just think this is wrong and I am upset. . .Thanks for letting me vent!

Hugs to all my bloggy friends!!

2 comments:

Seriously. said...

Oh Ivy! That's terrible and I don't blame you for feeling upset. Just keep praying that God will put you in the best office/place to serve you--and we will join you in your prayers! Hang in there!

Jill said...

and hugs back to you Ivy!

And I'm with Amanda-we will join you in your prayers.

I totally understand your frustration. I am glad that you shared with us.

Love
Jill


A girl's gotta have. . .

A girl's gotta have. . .
A sanctuary.

Scripture I'm workin' on learning. . .

Isaiah 55:8 (New International Version)8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished. Luke 1:45 NIV

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Malachi 4:6a "I the LORD do not change."

"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7

"Humble yourself before the Lord, and he will lift you up." James 4:10

"Cast your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

Psalm 56:3-4
3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?


Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 145:3
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.


Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Ephesians 5:20 "always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 5:29-30 "After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. "



Where in the World. . . Have I Been?