Friday, October 16, 2009

Dreams: The Princess Daughter of a Mighty King

So, tonight I am going to write about two things, one is my day over all and one is a topic I had not planned to blog about. . . Just really hit me tonight.

So, how did Day 2 of the 60 days go?

I did rather well. I did allow myself to have lunch out today. . . Ok, so I guess I failed a bit today. . .but, I received a call mid morning that an insert was ready for me to pick up. Unfortunately, the store is closed over the weekends. I needed this insert in order to be able to complete my runs and to walk pain free at work (ok, that's another post). So, I headed across town vs. going to my house. . .I grabbed a sandwich on the go. But, I love my new inserts. I ran for a short run tonight and I was finally pain free! Praises for that!!

So, the next part of my blog. . . One of my ex's is getting married tomorrow. For those that don't know my story, well, it is kind of crazy. I believe I am going to write a book. . . And, I honestly think it would be a bestseller. So, basically, I've had lots of frogs, but no earthly prince.

Believe me, I have a great heavenly King and I am so blessed to be his daughter. . . I know I am the princess daughter of a mighty king! Basically, we were talking marriage and he ended up breaking up with me. Bam out of the blue. . and treated me very poorly in the end (can I get my Christmas tree back??). . . Time marches on a few years and I meet another person. . . who does a similar act. This time, I have two broken feet (yes, at the same time) and he shows up and says, he can't handle all of this. . . I could write a lot more details, but honestly, it does not give glory to the KING. Both guys taught me a lot of lessons as have others along the way. . .

But, here is where I get upset. . .I start the whole talk w/ God. . Why do they treat me wrongly and get to marry? Why am I still single? God has placed several great guys in my life lately, and for the most part I am very happy not in a serious dating relationship. . . I'm not getting serious again until I know it's from HIM. My heart is a precious gem. . . and I know this. Yet, some days, I still have my moments of "why not me?" It's my pity party. . . I was praying earlier and God clearly said to me, "Do you not believe I can bring him to you? Do you not believe I have a plan?"

I do not desire to settle. I desire God's best to find me for I know I am worth it. I know that God says, For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 I choose to believe that!! And, I wish the new couple happiness.

2 comments:

Brook said...

In my humble opinion, you answered your own question. Your ex's were not your price. Would you settle and marry them? Or would you rather wait for God's best?

One of my closest girlfriends since college will be 38 in January. She's a believer who walks the talk, is beautiful and talented and so much more. Although she has many, many friends and a big, supportive family, singleness is definitely a struggle for her. So, although I don't understand you situation personally, I do "get it".

I am off to pray for you, my new bloggy friend.

Anonymous said...

I understand what you're going through. My best friend is getting married in April, another good friend is moving to Africa with her soon-to-be husband and another dear friend of mine found the love of her live in Cuba. I was in a short relation when I was 17, but have been single for the last seven years. And though I know that God has a beautiful plan for me, it's hard to wait. I am happy and truly enjoy living on my own and being single. After all, I'm still really young. But there are moments where I really question God on why I'm still single.
And I can truly find myself in your last paragraph:
"I do not desire to settle. I desire God's best to find me for I know I am worth it."
Thank you for letting me feel less alone!


A girl's gotta have. . .

A girl's gotta have. . .
A sanctuary.

Scripture I'm workin' on learning. . .

Isaiah 55:8 (New International Version)8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished. Luke 1:45 NIV

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Malachi 4:6a "I the LORD do not change."

"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7

"Humble yourself before the Lord, and he will lift you up." James 4:10

"Cast your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

Psalm 56:3-4
3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?


Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 145:3
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.


Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Ephesians 5:20 "always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 5:29-30 "After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. "



Where in the World. . . Have I Been?