Friday, May 7, 2010

So Long Insecurity, Weeks 8 and 9: Conclusion and a Mouse

I failed to post the response to these questions. It seems the month of April got to be really, really busy! :) God continues to be faithful! I wanted to post the answers. This book really opened my eyes to my own insecurities. . .BTW: Tonight, I solved one of them. I HATE MICE!! I HATE MICE!!! And, today, for the first time I can ever recall, I took care of a dead one. :) HA GO ME! Believe me, there was a lot of praying going over that dead mouse. . Not that he would come back to life, but that I would remain calm and deal with him. . . (Ok, for the record, it was handled with double gloves, and trash taken out immediately. . . but, it was cleaned up. :)


1) As you surely noticed, Chapter 14 is more of a testimony than a teaching but it concludes with a charge to deal with our female insecurities for the sake of young girls coming up behind us. Annabeth was my big inspiration for the journey. Briefly describe someone who is worth doing what it takes to you to live abundantly and effectively in Christ. Help us picture her so that she inspires us, too. Needless to say, don’t share more than she’d want you to.

For my patients, I need to teach little girls that they are able to jump up and do things on their own. They can be secure in who they are through Christ. We are loosing a generation of gals (and guys) to drugs, alcohol, sex, pornography. . .because they are looking for security in something or because they are so insecure in themselves they figure why should anybody care about them?




2) I wish we could discuss all of Chapter 15 in person but this is the next best thing. Name a couple of ways pertinent to your sphere of life and influence that you could look out for your own gender in our battle with insecurities. In other words, how can you (not others but you in particular) start becoming part of the solution in your female relationships rather than default into part of the problem. No condemnation here. Goodness knows, we’ve all been both. Our challenge is to learn to be deliberate. How are you prepared to do that?

Change begins with me. My attitude towards being secure vs. insecure. My attitude to show people I care, to show people my God is able to take all our weaknesses and make his followers strong. If I am secure, God shows through me. Others are able to see that same security and know that it is not from anything I do, but all from Christ.

3) I can’t wait to see your answers to this one. Based on Chapter 16 and the challenge to look past ourselves, what is your passion? If you don’t have one presently, don’t feel pressured or unnerved. You might be too deep in toddlers or school work to think past the urgent. Those things are priority and need to be your passion right now. If, however, you long for something that makes you feel fully alive and part of something specific God is doing for the greater good, ask Him to nurture that vision in you. It will be ultimately be the key to life on the outskirts of self-absorption. Keep in mind, your passion may not be anything you’re currently engaged in. Maybe you don’t have the opportunity to participate right now. Maybe it’s just in dream-form. Or maybe it’s just a place God has tendered your heart. Try to give it a name. What is something outside of yourself that you feel passionate about?

I have a passion for teenage girls. I have a passion for women's bible study- to dig deep into the world. . .not to touch the surface.



Conclusion/Week 9

1. Based on Chapter 17, on a scale of 1 to 10 (one-almost none, ten-over the top), how big a part has fear played in your life? After responding with your approximation, please share what, if anything, in the chapter resonated with you.


I would say a 9 out of 10. . . but, I am gradually seeing the scale tip in the opposite direction.

2. Reflect over the journey as a whole. What (again, if anything) lasting and of God will you take away from it?

I am a royal princess. I am good enough. Period.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

AMEN..change begins with each of us!!
Hugs,
andrea

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Good, good stuff! Loved reading this!

COUNTRY MOM said...

Great post. Thank You for all your prayers. The Power Of Prayer Is Awesome. Many Blessings,


A girl's gotta have. . .

A girl's gotta have. . .
A sanctuary.

Scripture I'm workin' on learning. . .

Isaiah 55:8 (New International Version)8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished. Luke 1:45 NIV

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Malachi 4:6a "I the LORD do not change."

"You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7

"Humble yourself before the Lord, and he will lift you up." James 4:10

"Cast your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

Psalm 56:3-4
3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?


Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 145:3
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.


Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Ephesians 5:20 "always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 5:29-30 "After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. "



Where in the World. . . Have I Been?